When we think of a high-performance CPU these days, it is all about the processing cores.
The new flagship AMD’s quad-core Ryzen 5 3400G is currently an excellent entry-level product with enormous future-proof performance, which is just an unbelievable coup for AMD.
When compared to previous models such as Ryzen 5 2400G, the upgrades are pretty straightforward because AMD is using Zen+ architecture.
These parts are manufactured using the 12-nanometer process, which offers improved clock speeds and thermals. An upgraded box cooler also aids in thermals.
For $149 budget APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), the specs are actually pretty impressive: 4 cores, 8 threads, Base Clock 3 GHz with a Boost Clock of 4.2GHz, built-in Radian RX Vega 11 graphics at 1400MHz, and a TDP of 65 watts.
Because of its high-end performance, the Ryzen 5 3400G is an appealing choice for gamers and video editors, and you don’t have to go to extreme measures s as long as you stay within the realm of stock clocks.
The Ryzen 5 3400G is the best CPU because it efficiently dissipates heat and provides excellent cooling performance while ensuring long-term reliability.
However, if you intend to build a high-end computer for video editing or to play 3D games, you may need to purchase a graphic card.
After reviewing and researching a number of GPUs, I have filtered out the best graphics card for Ryzen 5 3400G in this article. These graphics cards were chosen based on their price and performance.
Top 5 best performing to buy for Ryzen 5 3400G GPUs
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (Excellent Choice for Ryzen 5 3400g)
- ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super EVO (Excellent Premium Quality GPU for Ryzen 5 3400g)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (Best Budget Pick GPU for Ryzen 5 3400g)
- MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X (Top Performing Gaming GPU for Ryzen 5 3400g)
- Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 5700 XT (Top GPU for Ryzen 5 3400g)
Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
GPU: NVIDIA | RAM: 6 GB | Memory Type: GDDR6 | Tech: 12 nm | Shaders: 1536 | GPU Clock speed: 1500 MHz | Boost Clock Speed: 1860 MHz | Memory Interface: 192 Bit
The Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti is one of the powerful top-performing Nvidia graphics card for Ryzen 5 3400G GPUs. It has 6 GB of GDDR6 VRAM, which makes it ideal for 1080p gaming. Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti is very compact, therefore it can be installed in very small cases.
The maximum stabilization clock is up to 1500 MHz; however, some models can increase their basic clocks to 1770 MHz.
The VRAM is manufactured by Micron and operates at a maximum effective frequency of 12 GHz.
It is important to remember that the 1660 Ti supports OpenGL 4.5. On the back panel, it has got a selection of four video outs, and these consist of three DisplayPort 1.4.
Those can give you up to 8 K at 60 Hertz and just a single HDMI 2.0, which offers 4k at 60 Hertz
Why you should buy:
- Its super-compact design makes it easy to install in tiny cases
- Even under maximum load capacity, its sound is relatively quiet
- Affordable price, energy-efficient, and reliable
- Designed to play 1080p games
- Limited memory since some games require more than 6GB
- Overlocking potential is inadequate
ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super EVO
GPU: NVIDIA | RAM: 8 GB | Memory Type: GDDR6 | Tech: 12 nm | GPU Clock speed: 1470 MHz | Boost Clock Speed: 1725 MHz | Memory Interface: 256 Bit
Asus Dual RTX 2060 Super delivers 50 to 80% more performance over Nvidia’s RTX 2070 than the previous-generation model, making it one of the best GPUs to buy for Ryzen 5 3400G.
A major advantage of the RTX 2060 is ray tracing, which is a high-performance feature due to the Turing architecture, which helps boost the graphics card’s performance.
ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super EVO card runs at 1470 MHz and can be boosted up to 1725 MHz. Regarding connectivity, the RTX 2060 features two HDMI ports, two display ports, and a single DVI-D port.
It is important to note that this card has 2 BIOS settings. Gaming mode has a maximum boost clock speed of 1695 MHz, while OC (Over-Clock) mode has a clock speed of 1725 MHz.
Finally, thanks to the OC edition, despite hours of gaming on ultra-settings with high FPS, ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super EVO card doesn’t exceed 58 °C.
Why you should buy:
- Overlocking potential performs well
- Designed to support ray tracing in the future
- Addition of OC mode enables it to handle intense gaming
- Quad HD performance at its best
- Only a few games support ray tracing and DLSS
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
GPU: NVIDIA | RAM: 8 GB | Memory Type: GDDR6 | Tech: 12 nm | GPU Clock speed: 1605 MHz | Boost Clock Speed: 1800 MHz | Memory Interface: 256 Bit
EVGA’s GeForce RTX 2070 Super GPUs utilizes the latest NVIDIA Turing architecture, which opens up a whole new realm of high-end graphics possibilities.
Featuring the latest 12 nm tech, it features 2,560 TMUs and a 256-bit wide GDDR6 memory interface that clocks in at 14.4 GB per second for incredible realism, speed, and power-efficiency.
When building a gaming PC, you should consider EVGA’s GeForce RTX 2070 Super for Ryzen 5 3400G, which can provide next-generation graphics performance with chilled cooling and enhanced overclocking features.
PC gaming has never been this exciting – EVGA’s GeForce RTX 2070 Super truly delivers the ultimate gaming experience.
Together with EVGA’s GeForce RTX 2070 Super, Ryzen 5 3400G can run all 1,000 top games. Finally, this graphic card features adjustable RGB, which is a great match for the Ryzen 5 3400G build.
Why you should buy:
- Uses real-time ray tracing for realistic graphics
- Dual HDB fans control temperatures more efficiently while also producing less acoustic noise
- Specifically designed for gamers
- Excellent value for the money
- An actual boost clock of 1800 MHz
- The SLI feature is not supported
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X
GPU: NVIDIA | RAM: 6 GB | Memory Type: GDDR6 | Tech: 12 nm | GPU Clock speed: 1530 MHz | Boost Clock Speed: 1830 MHz | Memory Interface: 192 Bit
As far as specs go, MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming has the same CUDA core count, same base clock speed, and boost clock speeds. There is only one difference, though: the Super version uses faster GDDR6 memory instead, so its performance actually surpasses that of the GTX 1660 Ti.
I/O includes three DisplayPort 1.4 outputs and a single HDMI 2.0b output. Moreover, RGB lighting can be operated using MSI’s light sync software on the top and bottom of the fans as well as behind the MSI logo on the top. This lets you change the effects or match the lights with other parts of your system.
The MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming coupled with AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, will allow you to play Esports games at 60+ FPS at max graphics setting.
The MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming is an excellent 1080p gaming choice, and it offers almost all of the features that a gamer would require in a GPU.
And even if you do not buy one for yourself, chances are you will recommend MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming to a friend on a budget to pair it with AMD Ryzen 5 3400G.
Why you should buy:
- Excellent performance value for the price
- Energy-saving and excellent cooling for fast overclocking
- Turing shaders enable amazing performance gains
- Budget-Friendly 1440P experience
- RTX and DLSS are not supported
- Comparatively expensive when compared to other GTX 1660 Supers
Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 5700 XT
GPU: NVIDIA | RAM: 6 GB | Memory Type: GDDR6 | Tech: 7 nm | GPU Clock speed: 1365 MHz | Boost Clock Speed: 1770 MHz | Memory Interface: 192 Bit
Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 5700 offers great gaming performance at 1440p and 4K with ultra-settings for gamers with Ryzen 5 3400g CPU. Aside from the 8 GB of graphics memory, it runs games at a high frame rate, regardless of their resolution, so it is a great value for money.
Moreover, since this card is future-proof and comes with HDMI 2.0 and 3 x DisplayPort 1.4, thus you won’t have to upgrade your monitor or cable anytime soon.
Additionally, this graphic card will allow users to simultaneously use up to 6 displays, as each of these displays can be used simultaneously.
Its Windforce 3x cooling system with alternative spinning fans and GPU BIOS switch are perhaps its best features. Although it runs quietly, it runs a little warmer.
Finally, since it is Crossfire X compatible, it can be paired with the Ryzen 5 3400g CPU.
Why you should buy:
- Backplate included and support RTX and DLSS
- Excellent energy efficient, very quiet when idle, and maintains good temperatures
- Outstanding 1440p performance and excellent memory overclocking potential
- It supports PCIe 4.0 and up to 6 displays with Eyefinity 6 technology
- On default, the fan speed is slow, and the cooling fans could be designed better